- Emotional Intelligence (also referred to as EI and EQ) is about an individual’s ability to recognize and regulate their own emotions and the emotions of others in order to achieve their goals. This course will explore various models of EQ, the ethics of incorporating EI assessments and training in various situations, criticisms of the EQ concept and components of EI, and how to strengthen your own Emotional Intelligence.
- Emotional self assessment
- Managing emotions
- Emotional expression
- Emotional understanding
- Relationship building
- Tact, transparency and emotional control
- Impact, influence and resilience
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Discover the impact of emotions on human behavior
- Use the six principles of emotional intelligence in order to enhance relationships with others
- Interpret EI scores and their implications in order to improve interactions with other people
- Describe their EI strengths and weaknesses using the MSCEIT model
- Devise a PDP aimed at developing and improving emotional intelligence
- Apply EI skills in order to maximize personal influence at the professional and social levels
Managers, business professionals and individuals who have decided to learn and develop their emotional intelligence competencies to enhance as well as manage their relationships at work and in life.